Bulls to celebrate holidays at Christmas Day game
December 22, 2012 – The Chicago Bulls will join the NBA and a number of other teams around the league to celebrate the Christmas holiday at their game on Tuesday, December 25.
As part of the NBA Cares Season of Giving, all players and coaches participating in the NBA Christmas Day matchups will participate in special pregame, on-court gift presentations to local youth to highlight what the season is all about. The Bulls and Houston Rockets players and coaches will exchange gifts with 40 children from Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children’s Hospital of Chicago. The children will include patients of the hospital and some of their siblings. Additionally, all the kids and their parents will receive tickets to the game that evening.
The 10 NBA teams playing on Christmas Day, including the Bulls, will wear special “BIG Color” adidas uniforms. The Bulls uniforms will feature a red monochromatic color scheme with solid color team logos, names, and numbers framed with minimal accent color and a shimmer finish.
The Bulls will also have a variety of special pregame and in-game activities at the United Center on Tuesday, December 25, to recognize the holiday, including:
• Joakim Noah will address fans with a holiday greeting prior to the start of the game
• Holiday themed performers including Santa and Mrs. Claus will entertain fans on the concourses
• Benny and the Elevators will perform their routine dressed in Santa costumes
• The Luvabulls, BullsKidz and IncrediBulls will present a special holiday themed halftime performance
• Holiday messages from Bulls players as well as the team’s holiday card video will run on the scoreboard throughout the game